Sunday, January 9, 2011

11 Goals for 2011




1. READ 10 BOOKS:
This my first New Year's Resolution.  I have included this as one of my goal's because lately I have been reading often and in the last two and half months of the year I have read about three books, so I figured that I could read about a book a month.  10 is a nice and easy number to work with and because I'm doing sports I may fall a little bit behind so, with this easy number, I'd have an extra 2 months to catch up.
 
2. FINISH THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY PERSONAL WRITING:
This is one of my goals because I enjoy writing fiction stories, which do not get practiced in school.  I have also never completely finished one of my personal writings.  I'd usually end up writing the beginning and never coming back to it, but that was because they weren't any good anyways.  Now, my writing is more developed and has more of a plot to carry out.  So, finishing this one story would be a big accomplishment for me.

3. GET THE LEAD IN ONE OF THE MIDDLESEX COUNTY COLLEGE THEATER CAMP PRODUCTIONS:
This would be my 2nd year doing theatre camp.  Last year, I came very close to getting a lead role.  So, to get one this year would be a big step for me. 

4. SCORE 10 OR MORE GOALS IN SOCCER IN THE SPRING SEASON:
I was recently promoted to the forward position on my soccer team, along with my previous defense position.  Now, I get to do the scoring instead of waiting for other people to do the scoring.  To score 10 goals would be great because from what I remember I haven't scored 10 goals in a season before, so it would be great to do so. 

5. WIN THE REC LEAGUE FOR BASKETBALL:
I've won the rec league for travel basketball twice out of the 3 times that I've done it before.  The third time I wasn't there so, that made a difference.  But, if I won this time it would be excellent because this would be my last year participating in the rec league. 

6. BE UNDEFEATED IN TRAVEL BASKETBALL:
This is the goal for our whole team.  So, far our record is 5-0 (5 wins, 0 losses).  We are about halfway through the season, so if we can maintain this status for the rest of the season that would be great.  GO TEAM!!!

7 & 8. GIVE IT MY ALL:
To others this may seem like a small goal, but if you ask yourselves if you always give it your all, 99.9% of you would honestly answer no. I made this two of my goals because it is that important for me to accomplish this goal. 

9. BLOG REGULARLY:
Lately, I haven't been blogging as often as I should.  So, to keep this from happening I made it one of my goals to blog regularly.  Regularly meaning once a week or more.  If I can accomplish this it should get me more followers. 
10. LEARN 48 NEW WORDS:
I included this as one of my goals because I wanted to expand my vocabulary.  Generally speaking, there are 4 weeks in a month.  That multiplied by the months in a year equals 48.  I can't wait. 

11. ACCOMPLISH AT LEAST 5 OF THE GOALS ABOVE:
This really isn't a goal but, some people never accomplish the goals that they set, so by making this a goal I be more sure to accomplish it. 

Happy New Years to all.  I hope you all accomplish your goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment